Wisdom teeth are the last set of molars that develop through your gums between the age of 18 and 24 years. In cases, where the jaw is not large enough to allow proper growth then the wisdom teeth is impacted. This might cause infection, tooth decay, and even gum disease. Hence, you need to get them removed through surgery.
Wisdom tooth removal Cypress TX is the most common dental surgery that makes about 95% of tooth extractions among young adults. Dentists recommend removing your wisdom teeth if they cause problems or if they think it might cause future problems.
If you are planning for oral surgery Cypress TX, Orion Dental Specialties is the best dental clinic for providing the best results. Whether it is a routine dental checkup, dental implants, teeth whitening, root canal treatment, or cosmetic dentistry, the team at Orion Dental Specialties in Cypress, Texas is dedicated to helping you maintain your health and lovely smile for many years to come. They are clinically competent and provide advanced infection treatment with their new technologies and techniques.
Wisdom tooth removal Cypress TX is a routine procedure in which you might be sedated. Therefore, you need to have good rest, follow post-procedure tips and sleep in a proper position to avoid any post-surgery complications. The discomfort will be there, but you can minimize it while trying to sleep in a good position.
Sleeping position after wisdom teeth surgery
- Keep your head in an elevated position for 24 hours after the surgery
- Create a comfortable environment for sleeping
- Make your room dark and cool
- Avoid sleeping on your back
- Sleep on your sides, which would allow you to keep your head propped up on the pillow
- Take care not to dislodge the blood clots, the condition is called dry socket
- This is a common complication after wisdom tooth removal and may occur on 3rd or 5th day
- Take pain relievers as prescribed by your dental surgeon
- Avoid sleeping with gauze in your mouth
- Apply an ice pack to your jaw for the first few days to help reduce swelling
- Avoid brushing, rinsing, and spitting within the first 24 hours after the procedure
- You may brush your teeth the next day taking care of the surgical area and gently rinse with warm salted water.
- Keep the socket undisturbed for the first 24 hours for proper healing
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco for at least 24 hours after the surgery so that the healing is fast
- Keep yourself hydrated while eating soft and smooth food for the first 24 hours after the procedure
Getting tooth extraction Cypress TX from Orion Dental Specialties ensures that you get the best reliable treatment. You will also be guided properly on the post-surgery healing process after wisdom tooth removal. They will keep examining your surgery site and provide complete guidance on how to sleep and treat your mouth gently after the surgery. You will be assured by the expertise level of their friendly and experienced staff.